[frgeek-michiana] Re: tues May 17 meeting?

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 21:39:39 -0500

-snip-

so that's the printer scoop, I have: 1 done 5L and cartridge, Qtips and regrip, some paper and about 10 used, dirty, ignored, forgotten, give-me-a-home 5L and 6L printers.
If we are meeting tomorrow, I was going to bring then down and we could add ANOTHER task to the current workload, OR I can wait till we are more ahead with FB's
let me know
Ed Sisler

Please hold off bringing in the stock of printers until we have the FB problems solved.

Do show up Tuesday, if you can, and demo a printer refurb. We'll put aside 30 minutes for the demo. It is best to come after 7:00 as not everyone will be there earlier.

SOFTWARE DRIVERS:
I haven't tried it yet, but ALL these printers understand HP PCL, so if we just load an HP PCL Linux printer driver, we should be able to plug in a 4L 5L or 6L and a bunch of other HP printers with out changing the driver.
bye

Several weeks ago we connected a 5L or 6L to a FB-2 and configured cups -- worked like a charm.

Tom

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at
<http://www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>