[frgeek-michiana] Re: mail server ip address

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:56:58 -0500

At 03:09 PM 11/29/05, you wrote:

Tom Brown wrote:

First, let me admit that dynamic web hosting and email relay confuse me, at least at DynDNS.org. That said, I think we have a problem.

THE PROBLEM

FGM subscribes to a form of dynamic DNS which DynDNS.org calls Custom DNS: it allows us to resolve our registered domain to any IP address. We also subscribe to a mail relay service called MailHop which is designed to get around ISP port blocking email hosting.

Have you tried just going into the 'mailhop' config and changing the destination ip address there?

Goose

Yes, I tried that and learned there is no IP address to change. The relay service uses only domain names such as "mail.freegeekmichiana.org" or "freegeekmichiana.at_we_host_your_mail.com".

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at
<//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>