[frgeek-michiana] Re: What Virtualization server?

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 10:05:11 -0500

Mike,

I have forgotten what you found out about hardware virtualization support in the lab server cpus. What was the conclusion?

Tom

At 07:06 PM 1/8/07, you wrote:
Qemu works in windows and also will run Windows
Xen only runs on linux and will run Windows only with the latest CPUs
that support virtualation in hardware.
Open/VZ runs only on Linux and uses the same kernel  for all virtual
environments and will not run Windows.

Also see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtualization

mike