[frgeek-michiana] Warehouse Report - 2/14/2008

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:20:09 -0500

:: FreeBoxes

Kevin, Laban and I setup FreeBoxes. Kevin trained Laban in final testing.

:: Ebay

A woman in California bought the flatbed scanner Kevin put on Ebay. I called the donor's secretary and asked her to look for the drivers and other CDs associated with the scanner. Kevin will mail the scanner on Monday, to give us time to find the CDs.

Ebay has raised rates on selling. Since we will lose a small amount of money if an item doesn't sell, Kevin wants to post items which are most likely to sell. We think the batch of old Compaq laptops might sell if we post them as a lot so they will be our next item.

There are quite a few communications devices accumulating in our server/storage room. When the hoses are down and we can't work in the warehouse, Kevin and I will catalog the com gear and check them against prior Ebay sales.

:: FBNI

Forest practiced with the demo system Mike configured. He will report what transpires at the demo on Friday.

:: Cell Phone Recycling

A company which recycles cell phones, The Wireless Alliance, wants us to collect used cell phones. Of course, they pay us for the phones we send them. What do you think?

http://www.thewirelessalliance.com/

####