[frgeek-michiana] Virtual servers in aolserver

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 15:23:08 -0500

I tried to run two instances of aolserver on Indy by setting up a config
for a second instance at port 8000 and starting the second instance
manually. That didn't work. So I've posted to the aolserver list for help.

Also looked for nsvhr and nsunix modules. But cannot find them at
Sourceforge or elsewhere. These two modules enable virtual hosting in
aolserver using the tcp and unix sockets methods. Aolserver must be
compiled with these two modules listed in the appropriate section of the
appropriate Makefile. The deb apt-get installed for aolserver did not have
virtual hosting (nsvhr, nsunix) enabled.

I also mentioned my problem finding the virtual hosting modules in my post
to aolserver list.

I will not inform Michiana Freenet that FGM has our own domain until I've
sorted out the problem of two (or more) instances of aolserver running on
Indy.

at <//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>