[frgeek-michiana] S.B. Junior Academy request

  • From: "Tom Brown" <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 15:43:50 -0500

I spoke to the principal of the South Bend Junior Academy, a local charter
school. They are interested in either a lab at the school, FreeBoxes for
their low income students or both programs.

The principal will arrange a meeting with a committee including the
principal, a knowledgeable IT volunteer, a board member and the minister of
the church which sponsors the academy. I offered to give them a tour of the
warehouse and demo a FreeBox and the lab.

I emphasized (a) the need to prove income eligibility to qualify for our
help and (b) our limited "after-the-sale" support. I also asked for
something in return from the organization although it is hard to say what
they can reasonably offer. Certainly, I'll ask for project pictures to post
on our web site. I have some other ideas, but we'll cross that bridge when
we get there.