[frgeek-michiana] Postgresql driver on Debian/Indy

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 11:48:59 -0500

Debian has an odd idea about where binaries belong. Apt-get on our Indy box
puts binaries in /usr/lib, not /usr/local. So aolserver and postgresql
binaries are located in /usr/lib/aolserver/bin and /usr/lib/postgresql/bin.

As a consequence I am having difficulty installing nspostgres, the
postgresql driver for aolserver. Make can't find files and directories. I
just finished one round of altering the Makefile which helped overcome
several "can't find file or directory" type errors. Here is the current
roadblock:

   In file included from nspostgres.c:32:
   nspostgres.h:45: libpq-fe.h: No such file or directory
   make: *** [nspostgres.o] Error 1

The locate command doesn't find libpq-fe.h. Make appears to be looking
inside nspostgres.c. If this is so, then the driver file itself is the
problem. If anybody has suggestions to troubleshooting this, fire away. I'm
cross posting to MLUG to get more minds involved.

at <//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>