[frgeek-michiana] Re: NetVista 2800

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Danny Puckett <dpuckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 09:17:30 -0500

At 11:06 PM 5/3/04 -0400, you wrote:

I recently came across your article on using a NetVista as a thin client. I recently purchased an ethernet (8364-EXX) version on Ebay. For the life of me I cannot get into the bios. I have tried the password jumper over and over but the device still boots to the NetVista NS Boot. The bios seems to be a fairly new version (07/29/02) so this may be an issue. Is there ANY other way you can think of to get into the bios so I can set it to Workstation on Demand?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

In our article we included two links to IBM reference material. I would look through those and whatever IBM docs you can find re the 8364-EXX.

If you are following the password override procedure to the letter, and, if the IBM docs for the 8364-Exx offer the same procedure, then I would conclude that the mobo may be damaged. If the bios change is the culprit, the IBM docs (if you can find them) should indicate a different procedure. I've noticed it is getting harder to find official info on older IBM devices.