[frgeek-michiana] Re: Lab agenda

  • From: John Billings <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:08:18 -0500

If you come there might be some cdrom drives in it for you.  I'm sure we
have like 5 or so we could spare.  If only I had the database online...

I'd like for you to see FGDB, it requires php/mysql/smarty/adob.
We have it running on a fedora/ltsp box at KACS but no online
implementation. It's good for tracking equipment, but not much else. I'd
like to be able to track donors as well.  FREE GEEK almost implemented a
sort of location field for equipment, to determine where the gizmo is
stored, there is a snippet of code to do this.  This would also be handy
since we have equipment stored all over the place.

Is FGM interested in utilizing FGDB?  There is a lot of code already
written, and a team in Portland and one person in Chicago working to
improve it.

John

--
John Billings - Free Software/Open Source Advocate