[frgeek-michiana] Re: IDEM Indiana Department of Environmental Managment

  • From: John Billings <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:52:52 -0500

> suggested donation, then they are not required to pay it. I guess we
> need to have some idea how Free Geek Michiana is going to handle it so I
> can better massage my disposal policy to fit the needs of both
> companies.

Would goodwill consider lending a truck or two from time to time, could pick
up and drop off be worked out in the policy? Maybe sell FGM some of there
older vehicles? I have suggested before to put a truck in the grant requests.
Maybe we could request money to pay goodwill to do pick ups for us?

In order to be successful, I think FGM will need a central recycling facility
in a larger urban area.  We have the problem of urban sprawl and a lot of
potential volunteers are out there, but do not have transportation.
I think these are problems we will be able to address.

My personal feeling right now is that there are more volunteers and computer
equipment out there than we can handle. But your right, we need to develop
policy and strategies in dealing with them, we have made a start, need to
keep working on it.

JohnGnuB

"Blame me if you must, but don't ever speak ill of the program. The program is
rock solid. The program is sound!" - Homer Simpson

at <//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>