[frgeek-michiana] Re: Fwd: Schlep NetVistas to Gil's

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 10:04:02 -0500

John,

At our last goal setting and progress review meeting we voted not to take on any new projects until we cleared our current slate. If UW can hold on to the gear, we can address the issue again in 3-6 months. Maybe we'll have cleared enough tasks to add a new one. We certainly have enough token ring boxes and nics, and they are going nowhere.

How many MAUs and cables are there? One of the problems with token ring MAUs is the connector. Are the connectors coax (bnc) or RJ45?

Tom

At 10:30 AM 2/28/04 -0600, John Billings wrote:

Hey I've been meaning to ask you guys, would some token ring hubs be
useful?  There is a pile of token ring networking equipment in the
United Way's basement, would have been in a dumpster a long time ago,
had I not suggested they go to a recycler.  Let me know if your looking
for something in particular, I haven't looked real closely at what they
are.

--
John Billings - Free Software/Open Source Advocate