[frgeek-michiana] Fwd: Re: Phone line problem in lab

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:52:59 -0500

Hi Tom,

We do have a DSL line now (finally) and maybe that would have something to do with it. I am not sure what the problem could be. Check it again and if you still have trouble, call my cell and let me know and I will call the phone company. Jodi and I are on vacation and won't be back into the office until June 2nd, but you can still call if you need to and we will try to deal with it.

thanks
Nick

The static on the phone line is likely caused by the DSL service we didn't know was installed. I have a spare DSL filter which I'll bring to lab tonight.

I've sent an email to Nick and Jody re sharing the DSL line with the lab or routing from the lab to the rest of the church, which ever works best. As soon as I hear from them, we can fix the problem. I don't know yet what the specs are for the DSL line, and I'm not sure there is even a DSL modem in the church yet.