[frgeek-michiana] Re: Freebox distros

  • From: "Rick L. Tribble" <rtribble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 10:58:35 -0500

I've installed Morphix on 2 400mhz machines.  It definitely likes to have 96mb
or 128mb.  It will run on 64 though, but kinda slow.
I haven't gotten the sound to work yet.  But I still need to try it with an ISA
Creative card or a PCI card.

It comes with a filemanager, Abiword, Gaim, Gimp, Firefox, and Thunderbird
standard.

You can also create custom live/install cd's using their tools.

I installed several games and wine using the synaptic installer.

The install process gives you the option to use a graphic partitioner or a
command line.

So far it has found all the nics that I have used.  I haven't tried any modems
yet.

More to follow.

Rick