[frgeek-michiana] FreeBox class this afternoon

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 22:57:23 -0500

Three women showed up and completed the class this afternoon: Aesha, Jamie
and Aesha's grandmother, Amina. They all passed the test and took FreeBoxes
home. By cutting the total hours from six to four and the classes from four
to one the graduation rate increased immediately from 25% to 100%. So I
will keep the intro classes to one session, 3-4 hours in length.

I imagine the turnout for the Aug. 2 class will be larger. We'll refurb
three more computers so we'll have six for the next class. Hopefully enough
people will show up for the Aug. 2 class to give away the remaining three
computers in the food pantry.

btw, I uploaded revision 2 of the flyer for the class and a class handout,
based on my revision of John's brochure. Also uploaded a business card
layout. They're on Indy in the /home/public directory.

at <//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>