[frgeek-michiana] Re: Floppy boot manager (Secure VNC)

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 08:16:30 -0500

   I thought I had an image available on my system at home (I'm relpying from
work on a secure vnc connection - hey guys, it was the firewall - helps to
open the port!)

   When I get home tonight I'll make and .iso of the floppy and email it to
you.

   Goose

P.S. for my comments above..

   I'm running Icewm+ DFM on a dual PII-450 at home. It's really only a single
PII-450 as the second processor is maxed out running Seti @ home.

   I'm connecting to my mcahine at home from work (Winblows of course) using
secure tunnel and VNC. On the Winblows computer I run stunnel listening on
127.0.0.1 with the tunnel going to my server on a specified address.

   I'm also running stunnel on my server at home listening on that port (5901)
and sending the tunnel to localhost:5900 (vnc)

   Works like a charm! It's defiantely faster using IceWM then when I tried
this with Gnome. While it's still choppy (128K ISDN shared with 15 other
people) at lteast it *IS* liveable.

at <//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>