[frgeek-michiana] Re: DSL in lab

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 20:39:16 -0500

Nick thinks the DSL service is 3 Mbps incoming and 784 Kbps outgoing. We need to install the CDRW burner in the server next lab and set up the routing. This is an opportunity to teach new tech volunteers about system and network admin. Anybody want to teach?

Setting up dhcp on the server and routing should be pretty easy. (I know, famous last words) Your gonna want a second nic in the server for the DSL connection. The server will handle it as a dhcp client just fine. Then we only need to manually set the gateway address for the server.

Let's be prepared to deal with it. I'll research the dhcp chatter on the K12OSN list where it gets a lot of attention. Someone bring a networking reference. This could be a training moment.