[frgeek-michiana] Breadsmith donation

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:04:33 -0500

I received a phone call from Breadsmith, a local bakery on South Bend Avenue. Breadsmith is looking to promote their business and benefit local nonprofits at the same time.

Breadsmith wants to donate money to us on a monthly basis. The owner has not decided the exact program. The following options are being considered.

~ Donate 10%-20% of a day's or week's profit once per month.
~ Donate 10%-20% of the profit on the sale of a particular product for a day or week once per month.

In return they ask us to promote the bakery or the product on our web site and to our lists whenever we are the recipient of their donation cycle. There is no guarantee of revenue for us. The potential donation appears tightly linked to whether our volunteers, clients and supporters purchase products at the bakery.

I told the representative that I would bring the offer to our board and get back to her next Wednesday with a decision.

Your thoughts and reactions?