[Fundraisers Forum] Re: Would be interested in an Israel list

  • From: Harold Berman <radfordlane@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Daniel Meyer <iyimisrael@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 17:01:09 +0200

I'm skeptical about lists that show very high salaries of top Jewish
executives which create the impression (at least in the minds of some) that
they are grossly overpaid (although I did notice that according to the
Forward's analysis, a number of them are actually underpaid - wonder if
they'll ask for a raise). In most cases, they are running very large,
multi-faceted organizations of national and international scope, and often
with annual budgets totaling hundreds of millions of dollars. People who
are capable of doing this simply don't command salaries of $40K. In most
cases, their salaries are a tiny fraction of the "hard earned charity
dollars" they bring in.And in a number of cases (for example, the Simon
Weisenthal Center) absent the particular CEO that they have, those
organizations would never have reached or maintained anything close to the
stature that they have.

Harold Berman