[Fundraisers Forum] The Mother of all Fund Raisers

  • From: Ron Allswang <ron.allswang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "frforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <frforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 10:51:11 +0200

*Chevra- I just published this piece, feel free to forward (if we are FB
friends, please share).*
RA

The Mother of All Fund Raisers will be the Jerusalem Marathon.

The Jerusalem Marathon has quickly become a great Fund Raising vehicle for
Israeli Non-Profit Organizations, and for the March 18, 2016 run, we
together will take it to a new level.

Imagine raising - in one day - tens of millions of dollars to help so many
good causes. Causes important to you. Causes you never heard of before. New
causes. Old causes.

On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!

The Jerusalem Marathon 'platform' provides a day of unified giving this
like no other. True, there is a sense of unity on Yom Kippur, Pesach night,
Yom HaShoa, Yom HaZikaron and Yom HaAtzmaut. But there is no dedicated day
where we can all give, support and embrace Israel.

Enter The Jerusalem Marathon.

Unity through giving? Yes, Even as we do not agree on many things. Unity
through giving as an expression of our love of the Jewish People and
support of Israel. Unity through giving because it is this trait of giving
that powers the many awesome inventions - philanthropic and business alike
-that originate in Israel. Unity through giving is a day where all eyes,
ears and hearts are focused on Israel at the same time, for the same
purpose.

With your support, we are all winners at The Jerusalem Marathon.
*To run for Team Lema'an Achai, contact marathon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<marathon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>*

--
Ron Allswang