[Fundraisers Forum] Re: Randy Eaton; question; Hope you can assist

  • From: Chava Brown <chava.brown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ron Allswang <ron.allswang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 14:17:05 +0200

Hi Randy,

In a previous position we were also skeptical about FC but wanted to give
it a try. We took a 1 month membership in Jan/Feb (the quiet season) to
pull out as much data as possible about foundations that give in Israel
and/or to our cause. I believe we came up with a good 50 or so that were
accepting applications, some of whom we had previous contact with. We got a
few rejection letters (mainly from the foundations that had previously
supported us) but most just didn't respond, and we didn't get any new
donors.

My impression from that experience is that, while it is possible that our
issue or our presentation just weren't compelling enough, most foundations
still rely on the personal connection to the organizations that they
support and don't respond well to being randomly approached.

B'hatzlacha!
Chava