[Fundraisers Forum] Nonprofit conferences in Israel in English?

  • From: Chava Brown <chava.brown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "frforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <frforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 11:38:58 +0200

Hi all,

As some of you know, I am a student in the master's program in nonprofit
management and leadership at the Hebrew University school for overseas
students. In a discussion with other students and the administration about
what is lacking/could be improved about the program, the issue of being
more exposed to the field in Israel came up. It was suggested that
attending conferences in Israel could be a good way to get exposure and to
build connections.

I know of Amuta 21c (not sure what is happening with it this year?), and
the Comedy for Change conference (is that annual?), and also the World
Council of Jewish Communal Service conference which I guess is scheduled to
take place next year. I also know there are some interesting issue-based
conferences that might also be of interest (environment, welfare, youth,
etc.), as well as JFN and ROI.

I would be most appreciative if you all could share your knowledge of other
English conferences (big or small) that might be relevant for students of
nonprofit management and leadership. In some cases, we would just like to
be informed so that we can register. In other cases we would appreciate
making the connection so that we could be invited as a group to attend
these kinds of conference, and/or to receive a group student discount.

Thanks so much,
Chava