[freeroleplay] Re: Wiki Security

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <ax0n@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 10:58:26 +0100

Hi James,

I think I agree with Sam: the best approach would be to block on IP
address. My suspicion is that the culprits are scripts sitting on servers
scanning for vulnerable Wikis. Blocking IP addresses should go some way to
stemming the flow.

I think allowing only logged-in members to modify the Wiki is not a step we
perhaps should take yet. Wikipedia, possibly the largest wiki on the
Internet, doesn't do this and I think we can get away without doing it
ourselves, for the time being at least.

Kind regards....

--
Ricardo Gladwell