[freeroleplay] Wiki Added

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FRPGC <freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 27 Jul 2003 16:15:47 +0100

Hi All,

I've just installed PHPWiki on the FRPGC web site. At the moment it
doesn't fit in with the overall site design but I will be working on
theming it ASAP. I am also working on getting phpBB installed as well.
More soon.

I think the wiki would be the best way to publish material from the
FRPGC. I've seen open content produced collaboratively very successfully
on Wikipedia (http://www.wikipedia.org/) and I think it could work for
us. New projects would be simplicity to start and organize. It would
also be trivial to write scripts that could export content from the wiki
and convert it into other formats, e.g. LyX of Latex. From there we
could then easily convert and publish PDFs, text files, etc.

Anyway, let me know what you all think.

Regards...

--
Ricardo Gladwell