[freeroleplay] Re: Ugh... (Zaenar Progress Report)

  • From: Samuel Penn <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:19:55 +0000

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 11:41 am, you wrote:
> Samuel Penn wrote:
> >>Luckily, I still have the original materials, and I have them backed-up
> >>on a mini-cdr in any event, so all is not lost. However, there was no
> >>planned release data before, so there's even less of one now. I could be
> >>down tommorrow, or it could take me till after Christmas. It depends on
> >>whether I can force myself to concentrate, and whether I choose to
> >>concentrate on Zaenar or on finally reading The Return of the King
> >>before the movie comes out. Maybe I can do both.
> >
> > Having an audio version of LotR in ogg vorbis format sort of helps with
> > multi-tasking in this respect :-)
>
> Are these the BBC version of the LotR? I can heartily recommend it as a
> child-hood favorite of mine, if they're still available.

No, the full, unabridged version (including Tom Bombadil, the appendices
and all the songs). Only 49 CDs (3GB compressed)!

The BBC version is still available, since I bought the Fellowship version
of that when they re-released it about 18months ago. It's not the full
version however.

Also have the Silmarillion - all very good for listening to when commuting.

> > Have tickets for tomorrow afternoon, though my girlfriend might not be
> > able to get away from work in time, so may have to wait until after
> > Christmas...
>
> Hoping to see it over the weekend (it comes out tomorrow in the UK too).

I know, otherwise we'd be disappointed when we got to Basingstoke :-)

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.