[freeroleplay] Re: Ugh... (Zaenar Progress Report)

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <ax0n@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:41:02 +0000

Samuel Penn wrote:
> On Monday 15 December 2003 10:09 pm, you wrote:
>>I apologize for not updating Zaenar in a while.  I have decided to
>>reorganize/rewrite, and release an interactive HTML Cyclopedia. In fact,
>>I had a really good start, but when I tried to create a Quanta Plus
>>project and add the files I had written into it, I ended up deleting
>>them all before I even knew what was going on. I mean _everything_ I had
>>done since I began the rewrite yesterday.

Ouch, gotta watch that. I know I sound like your Mother (or Sysadmin)
but always back-up regularly :) Sorry to hear you lost your work. I know
how frustrating that can be. I'm looking forward to hearing more from
Zaenar. Will you be accepting submissions?

> Not so good.
> Is Quanta any good (ignoring it's ability to delete everything)?

I've had some experience with Quanta and tis always been good. However,
I don't use it so much anymore now that I'm a Gnome boy. Bluefish is
quite a sophisticated HTML editor. If your just editing plain HTML (no
scripting) then Mozilla Composer is also very good.

>>Luckily, I still have the original materials, and I have them backed-up
>>on a mini-cdr in any event, so all is not lost. However, there was no
>>planned release data before, so there's even less of one now. I could be
>>down tommorrow, or it could take me till after Christmas. It depends on
>>whether I can force myself to concentrate, and whether I choose to
>>concentrate on Zaenar or on finally reading The Return of the King
>>before the movie comes out. Maybe I can do both.
>
> Having an audio version of LotR in ogg vorbis format sort of helps with
> multi-tasking in this respect :-)

Are these the BBC version of the LotR? I can heartily recommend it as a
child-hood favorite of mine, if they're still available.

> Have tickets for tomorrow afternoon, though my girlfriend might not be
> able to get away from work in time, so may have to wait until after
> Christmas...

Hoping to see it over the weekend (it comes out tomorrow in the UK too).

--
Ricardo Gladwell
President, Free Roleplaying Community