[freeroleplay] Re: Site Revamp!

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:59:50 +0100

Samuel Penn wrote:

I had wanted to embed RDF directly into the XHTML, but you can't
do that and keep the pages as valid XHTML. The Dublin Core Metadata
Initiative has guidelines on fudging this, so I'm going to use
that and write something to generate an RSS feed automatically.

There is not pressing need to include the RDF directly into your XHTML although I can understand how that would be handy. I thought you could just include the RSS XML in HTML comments, or maybe that's just RDF.

That said, apparently Atom is the better format and we should all be standardising on that, not RSS:

http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/Rss20AndAtom10Compared

That said, only Jerry has a RSS feed for his site (which seems to be malformed, Jerry!) so it may be a moot point. Does anyone want a login for the admin site to add their own news items to the news queue?

Kind regards...

--
Ricardo Gladwell
President, Free Roleplaying Community