[freeroleplay] Re: Project module and WebDAV (Re: At Last: New Site (Long))

  • From: Samuel Penn <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:15:01 +0100

On Sunday 16 October 2005 10:26, Ricardo Gladwell wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-10-15 at 19:54 +0100, Samuel Penn wrote:
> > Also, is SVN secure?
>
> In this case, Subversion uses WebDAV for it's network protocol which
> simply extends HTTP: so to answer your question, it is as secure as HTTP
> which is to say, not very. If people feel security is important I can
> enable SSL and register a valid SSL certificate for the WebDAV server at
> some point.

Security is always an issue :-)

> > Currently everything is CVS, and changing it would be tricky because
> > of dependencies on CVS, so I'll probably keep to my local repository
> > for the main stuff.
>
> Fair enough, although I would note there are several advantages to using
> Subversion over CVS. I believe there are also some scripts for
> converting CVS to SVN.

The repository conversion is the easy bit. All the scripts, build files
and XML transforms which assume CVS are the tricky ones. I've been
thinking about converting for a while, but it's finding the time...

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.