[freeroleplay] Project module and WebDAV (Re: At Last: New Site (Long))

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 19:02:54 +0100

Phew! I finally got the project module and WebDAV integration working:

http://www.frpgc.org/project
http://webdav.freeroleplay.org/

If anyone knows PHP and is interested in contributing to the code base
please see the Savannah project page here:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/drupal-forge/

Please let me know if you have any problems.

On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 08:55 +0100, Samuel Penn wrote:
> I thought that it might be something like this, but wasn't sure.
> What are your plans with the webdav?

The WebDAV repository is integrated with the Project module/sub-site
(this is all now working!). When you create a new project (subject to
approval) a new directory is created in the Subversion/WebDAV repository
giving the project owner write privileges only (login using your FRPGC
site user name and password). I'm looking to add support for adding
other users to a project so that more than one person can have write
access. I'm sure it would be fine if you created a YAGs project.

I intend to put together a document for working with WebDAV and document
development, including how to save files to a WebDAV repository using
OpenOffice, etc, and how to use the project module properly. If you have
any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Feel free to create a Yags project.

> > Good luck with the PC: I don't know what I would do if mine started to
> > die.
>
> Phone ASUS. Wait two weeks for new chipset fan. It's only
> six months old as well, which is the annoying part.

Ouch, who did you buy it from?

> I may see if I can put my collection of recently painted wargames
> figures to use for adding some images to the site. At the very
> least, I should be able to provide some Free stock images of
> medieval and SF models.

Excellent stuff: where did you get the models

> btw, your site looks okay on a small screen as well - I was giving
> it a browse with my PDA last night.

Cool, that makes me smile :) Now all I need to do is boot up my dreaded
Windows partition (kept for the benefit of technically illiterate
partner) and test it in IE. Bleagh!

Kind regards...

--
Ricardo Gladwell