[freeroleplay] Re: Opportunities for Free Gaming?

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FRPGC <freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:14:09 +0000

On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 14:58, Samuel Penn wrote:
> On Sunday 28 November 2004 14:04, Ricardo Gladwell wrote:
> > I can think of only one RPG-only retailer in the London area.
>
> Depends on what you mean by RPG-only - there's:
>
> Leisure Games www.leisuregames.com
>   Based in Finchley somewhere
> Orcs Nest www.orcsnest.com
>   Off Shaftesbury Avenue, near Leicester square
> Playing Games (don't know of a website for them)
>   Museum Street, just next to the British Museum.

I regularly frequent Orcs Nest but, to be honest, I can't stand the fact
that they are so rude. I tried Playing Games, but compared to the Orcs
Nest, it had a pitiful selection of books: a shelf of random titles and
nothing else.

Leisure Games looks really good and I like their web-site, but they're
on the far side of London from me (I live far South in Wimbledon).
Still, they look like they do a great e-commerce site so I may well
start ordering in my books from them :) Thanks

--
Ricardo Gladwell
President, Free Roleplaying Community