[freeroleplay] Re: Opportunities for Free Gaming?

  • From: "Samuel Penn" <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:00:36 -0000 (GMT)

Ricardo Gladwell said:

> I also think such a project would be worthwhile. I'd be interested in
> ideas for forming such an organisation to start collecting donations so
> that we can then start putting together some financing for a small,
> publishing project. I think the FRPGC would have to form itself as some
> sort of legal entity before it can do things like claim copyright over
> works and request charitable status. Anyone have any knowledge of this?

Part of the overhead is writing and playtesting the rules,
editing them and so on. If this overhead is removed, then
there's more room to profit from the actual sale of the
material, since the 'only' overhead is publishing.

If free content material is published, then the FRPGC could
be a for-profit publishing house. It makes some money from
publishing content as hard copy, authors get a 'free' hard
copy version of their rules.

--
Sam.                                http://www.glendale.org.uk