[freeroleplay] Re: Open World Project

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FRPGC <freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 02 Aug 2003 16:19:08 +0100

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 15:38, Timothy S. Nelson wrote:
> > Alternatively, we could use my proposed script above and create
> > 'releases' by periodically running it and storing its results in a
> > proper CVS repository?
>
>       ...or you could have the script print the date, and also be able to
> pull out the Wiki as of any date one may select.

I'm am now working on the PHPWiki plugin I proposed. To create a new
'book' within the wiki simply create an index page. Link to the various
pages you want to include in your book, using a list to structure the
headings. For example, chapters would be a the bottom level,
sub-sections higher levels. The CollatePages plugin then parses the page
and spits out one long document with all the included pages. Then, all
you have to do is copy-and-paste the HTML from your browser into your
favorite word processor and commit to the CVS.

I think there might also be a way of extracting pages by date. All old
versions of pages are stored in the wiki by default, i think.

> > I understand where you are coming from here. My thoughts on this is that
> > its simple to copy-and-paste into your favorite text editor. Otherwise,
> > there's not much we can do about this.
>
>       ...unless someone uses their 'leet XUL skillz to write a better text
> editor for Mozilla :).

That would really 'leet :) I don't suppose anyone would be volunteering
to do just that? :)

Regards..

--
Ricardo Gladwell