[freeroleplay] Re: Lulu (was Opportunities for Free Gaming?)

  • From: "Samuel Penn" <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:24:53 -0000 (GMT)

Jamie Jensen said:

> The second that says that the work can be shared if the author allows
> it.  Fine, but not an exception to allow commercial distribution of
> FDL'ed or other Free Content.
>
> The third seems to be placing restrictions on the authors: "Don't let
> them resell your stuff!"   Definitely not in the spirit of Free
> Content.  If it's not a restriction on authors, I don't what it means.

I've never actually used Lulu, just bookmarked it as something
useful to look at when Yags is stable.

(2) and (3) do seem to contradict each other - you can copy
if the author allows it, but the author is allowed to allow it.
Hopefully someone will clarify things on the forum.

--
Sam.                                http://www.glendale.org.uk