[freeroleplay] Re: Game mechanics copyright status on debian-legal

  • From: Samuel Penn <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:16:12 +0100

On Tuesday 30 August 2005 15:59, Ricardo Gladwell wrote:
> LOL. Interesting, as I recall it was settled out of court. I also recall
> a similar case of Palladium suing fans for creating rules for converting
> Paladium characters to D&D. I think they settled out of court as well.

Funny that... guess which company it was that got sued by Palladium?
(actually, the one I'm thinking of wasn't about D&D, but WotC's first
product was a generic gaming resource (about playing gods I think)
which included Palladium stats).

According to the Palladium FAQ[1], it was a 'friendly lawsuit'.

[1] http://home.kih.net/~sbundy/pal-faq.html#Section1
    See sections 1.10 and 1.11

--
Be seeing you,                        Email: sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx