[freeroleplay] Re: GPL 3 and all that

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:42:56 +0100

Samuel Penn wrote:
> Running a game for other people isn't providing a service?
> I'd say it was, unless you had a very narrow definition of service.

It depends on how you define "service" - does it mean a service for
public consumption, a web service? Working on the assumption that we are
defining a service as a web service (which is what has been talked about
previously by the FSF) I would argue that running a game for a few
friends at a convention isn't providing a service. Again, we won't know
for sure until the draft is released.

Kind regards...

--
Ricardo Gladwell