[freeroleplay] Re: [Fwd: Free-Content Licensing of FUDGE]

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 13:09:51 +0000

Samuel Penn wrote:
> The only thing that occurs to me is that there's nothing in
> the email which says why it would be advantageous for them
> to use a difference license. I think something should be said
> up front to sell the idea a bit more.

Good point. Here are some of my ideas:

* I think mentioning that the GPL and FDL are much more mature and have
been tried and tested across thousands of projects.

* GPL are much simpler to apply than the OGL.

* Our fave: the requirement that a modifiable copy or transparent copy
must be provided.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Kind regards

--