[freeroleplay] Future Plans

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FRPGC <freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:29:06 +0100

Hi All,

Things have been pretty quiet here so I'm sending this to let you guys
know that things are still progressing. I have several plans for the
FRPGC which should hopefully allows us to progress from being a web-site
with a mailing list to something much more.

Server
------

We will be getting our own server which will, until sufficient funding
is available, be served from my ADSL line. Having our own server will
give us the freedom to run much more sophisticated software, and host
our own applications which leads me onto...

The Scriptorium
space (very small, 'cos my hard-drive is only so bug ;). Once this is
complete I will be moving FRINGE development to use this new
application.

For those of you of a technical bent, the actual application code is
hosted here:

http://jexus.sourceforge.net/

Let me know if you want to help out.

FRINGE
------

FRINGE: Basics 0.1 is nearly complete and, once the Scriptorium is
ready, I will be moving development there. I will also be looking to
release FRINGE: Fantasy 0.1 soon thereafter, along with a simple
fantasy-based campaign setting to use with, called The Citadel.

Encyclopedia of RPG
-------------------

I will be keeping the wiki but using primarily as a collaborative
encyclopedia of roleplaying games a la Wikipedia. I will be switching
code form PHPWiki to the much more sophisticated MediaWiki.

Content Archive

An automated utility to archive old content hosted externally and place
it into a versioning repository. This is on the back-burner, but once
the body of the above is complete I will begin work.

Kind regards...

--
Ricardo Gladwell
President, Free Roleplaying Community