[freeroleplay] Re: FUDGE to be OGL'd

  • From: Jamie Jensen <yarvin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:25:11 -0600

I doubt you'd be able to convince a corporation to change from the OGL
to the GPL or FDL, but it's worth a try.

Maybe it would be better to increase awareness of the un-openness of
the OGL, and the long-term problems of Product Identity.

The problem with doing this that I see is that the majority of the
gaming industry and community has been already jumped on the OGL
bandwagon.  I doubt any well-read publication would be willing to
publish a "radical attack on the OGL by dissatisfied extremists", or
whatever we'd be called.

There also seems to be a considerable population of copyright elitists
among the community: individuals who see copyright and corporation as
more important that community and cooperation (hey, that's kind of
catchy).

Any ideas from anyone else?

--
J. Jensen