[freeroleplay] Does CC-SA require a modifiable copy?

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cc-licenses@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Free Roleplaying Community <freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:38:08 +0000
On 25 Nov 2004, at 15:10, Rob Myers wrote:
> On 25 Nov 2004, at 15:12, Ricardo Gladwell wrote:
>> I'm interested in what types of "technological measures" this covers.
>> For example, would it be illegal to distribute the work in a
>> proprietary format that would, for example, require expensive software
>> to edit?...
>> Does the CCPL itself in anyway require a modifiable version be made
>> available, similar to the source code clause in the GPL?
>
> A PS (Provide Sources / Plus Score) module for CC-2.0 might be a good
> idea.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

A PS module asyou suggest would certainly be highly desirable from our
perspective of. Even more ideal would be a license module for the
requirement of a Transparent copy, as in the GNU Free Documentation
License: that is, a copy of the media being published in an open, public
format that does not require expensive software to edit.

Kind regards...

--
Ricardo Gladwell
President, Free Roleplaying Community