[freeroleplay] Re: Descriptive vs. Proscriptive, frpgc.org vs. freeroleplay.org

  • From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:15:16 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Mark Havenner wrote:
> In any case,I see your point. I know there is a great deal of controversy
> over not being permitted to access raw text from 'open content' games by
> locking pdfs so they can't even be used under fair use policies.
>
> You'd be right there, the CC doesn't address thatat all.

Not entirely correct. CC-BY-SA 2.5 has this in point 4a:

  You may not distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, or publicly
  digitally perform the Work with any technological measures that control
  access or use of the Work in a manner inconsistent with the terms of
  this License Agreement.

I interpret this as a clear rejection of locked PDFs which make you unable
to practically satisfy the share-alike requirements of the license.

  - Per

"Whenever a theory appears to you as the only possible one, take this as
a sign that you have neither understood the theory nor the problem which
it was intended to solve. " - Karl Popper