[freeroleplay] Re: Descriptive vs. Proscriptive

  • From: Mark Havenner <laveaux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 06:49:48 -0600

Good points - I'd also say that one person's idea of 'best' varies from
another. I come from the design world, so that is the experience I draw
upon, but even in that industry there are InDesign people and Quark people
and ne'er the two shall meet.

In my field a high quality PDF is becoming a preferable source now that
printing presses are able to use them, but that would not be a good source
for, say, a game because it is too large - I would have to make a low res
version that is downloadable and again ... Is that actually preferable, even
though it isn't the best quality? To compound that, I would likely have to
provide source images. I don't know about you, but I don't want to download
10G of high-res TIFs every time a buy a game. Maybe I'm misinterpreting the
license, but that's how it reads to me.

--
Mark Havenner
Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup,