[freeroleplay] Re: Article on FRPGC @ Salroth

  • From: Chelle <crustygeek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:54:28 +0100

Thanks for the welcome - I should have come out of lurkdom earlier!

I've been looking at the Fringe, and as a roleplayer who tends towards
D10 systems, I think it looks like a great system to study - it makes
a lot of sense to me and as I want a system that can be easily played
online - it looks like a good match for the job.

In fact, we have a lot of good resource writers on our site, and I'm
setting up a forum to see if we can get some resources developed for
it. I'll also be hoping to playtest the system at some point and will
let you know how it goes

'Chelle

On Apr 10, 2005 3:28 PM, Ricardo Gladwell <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey Chelle,
>
> Welcome to the list!
>
> Thanks for the article: any publicity we can get for the FRPGC is great.
> I'm sure none of us would mind answering a few questions for an
> interview so please feel free to enquire.
>
> I'm glad to hear you're planning to write your own content and publish
> it under the GPL. We not only discuss licensing issues, but we also
> discuss game design here so feel free to let us know what you're working
> on. We also publish links to free content games to help publicise them
> so feel free to point us to your free content project pages.
>
> --
> Ricardo Gladwell
> President, Free Roleplaying Community
> http://www.freeroleplay.org/
> president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 15:19 +0100, Chelle wrote:
> > Hello - I suppose I better stop lurking now!
> >
> > I wrote the article (I hope to do more), because Open Source gaming
> > benefits so many people. I will try to do as much as I can on my site
> > to publicise you and your goals, and if I ever get round to actually
> > *finishing* any of my stuff - I will be publishing it under the GPL.
> >
> > Thanks for reading it - I'd like to follow it up with an interview at
> > some point, so expect a cheeky email :D
> >
> > 'Chelle (AKA CrustyGeek)
> >
> > On Apr 10, 2005 3:09 PM, Ricardo Gladwell <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > It was with delight that I discovered the following article about us at
> > > Salroth, a new RPG forum:
> > >
> > > http://salroth.com/forums/index.php?act=faq&article=2
> > >
> > > I especially like the fact they describe us as "highly respected".
> > >
> > > Kind regards...
> > >
> > > --
> > > Ricardo Gladwell
> > > President, Free Roleplaying Community