[freeroleplay] Re: Anti-d20 Essay

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:12:00 +0100

Jamie Jensen wrote:
> I think I have to agree with Jerry on this.  An OGL'ed work that
> didn't use PI is better than traditional copyright, but one that does
> use it is in some ways worse.
>
> On 4/25/05, Jerry Stratton <jerry@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>So, yes, my reading is that normal copyright is in some ways at least les=

>>restrictive than the OGL.
>>Jerry
>>--
>>http://www.ItIsntMurder.com/
>>"Give a man a fish, and you've fed him for a day. Teach him to fish, and
>>you've depleted the lake."--It Isn't Murder If They're Yankees
>>=20
>>=20
>

> --=20
> J. Jensen
>
> Join FSF as an Associate Member at:
> <URL:http://member.fsf.org/join?referrer=3D2173>

I think I probably agree that a work with PI is probably worse than
traditional copyright (we need a better name for this?) in many
respects. That said, an OGC work with PI in it could possibly be
salvaged if someone goes through it carefully and extracts the PI
elements. Whereas a TC work is stuck in copyright limbo seemingly forever.

Kind regards...

--
Ricardo Gladwell
President, Free Roleplaying Community