[freeroleplay] Re: Alleged Copyright Infringement and the History of RPGs

  • From: Jerry Stratton <jerry@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:16:14 -0700

At 12:33 AM +0100 on 8/18/04, Ricardo Gladwell wrote:
>However, Mr. Fannon's email didn't actually provide any concrete
>evidence of any copyright infringement, only the suggestion of it.
>Whilst we do not want to break the law, we cannot simply let anyone who
>suspects a work is copied from their own to dictate what we can and
>cannot publish.
>
>Anyone have any thoughts on this subject?

I would ask for more concrete information. If you had the book, where would the
copyright infringements be found? Since he knows where the copyright
infringements are, he should be able to specify where they can be found. Be
polite about it, of course.

Then, see if you can find a nearby library that already has the book or can get
it via interlibrary loan; or find a gamer who already has the book that you can
borrow. Or a game store that has it in stock where you can check those pages
with a printout in hand.

Jerry
--
jerry@xxxxxxxxxx    It Isn't Murder If They're Yankees