[freelists-users] Re: user problem unsubscribe

  • From: Matt <zcool@xxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 22:21:33 -0500

John Madden wrote:

> The configuration issue here appears to be on the client's side --
> joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx won't appear from a properly-configured mail server.
>
> Anyone else have any input?
>
> John
>
> - FreeLists Staff

It seems many organizations suffer from this, especially College email
for students. I can think of 3 colleges that have a setup like that. (it
will appear like: person@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx even though their real
address will be person@xxxxxxxxxxx)

Morry,
One thing that I noticed that could help: If you send mail to the longer
address (like person@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) they will receive the mail.
If you add that user with the full address, there should be no problem
since the sending and receiving addresses will match.

This is the only suggestion I have, other than telling those users to
use a free web-based mailing address. Anyone have any other ideas?

-Matt