[freelists-users] Re: problems with user sending unwarranted mail

  • From: Paul Thomas <paulthomas@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 14:30:15 -0400

on 8/18/02 1:49 PM, Stephen Clower at supersteve03@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi folks. I've got someone sending junk mail to my freelists mailing list
> address, and I'm getting the messages about twice a day now. This person,
> thankfully, is not subscribed and is not causing problems on the list
> itself, but I'm getting the mail regardless because I am the list
> moderator. I have told this person to stop sending these emails, but to no
> avail. Any suggestions? IS there a way I can block this person or even turn
> off the system that sends me messages from users not subscribed?
> Thanks,
> Steve

I have had a similar problem for some time now and have found no way
ostopping it.  I even tried contacting the sender's ISP but even they could
not stop it.  The only way I could think of would ne to delete the entire
list and create a new one which I guess might stop it - but this sounds
drastic!!!!

Let me know if you come up with a solution?  Perhaps it is the same phantom
user!!!

Paul