[freelists-users] passwords [Freelists News] Misc. updates

  • From: "m o r r y" <morry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 10:27:23 -0400

 I encourage the continued use of passwords on the archives. While our list
doesn't currently use them we might switch to them. Its come to my
attention that employers now search Google and other search engines to track
prospective employees and/or current employees. I've heard stories of people
who have lost jobs over things they have posted because of differing
opinions or outlook.  I belive openness is importnt but I also believe each
list is different and  while we encourage openness on our list we belive
that global openness can actually sabotage community building efforts more
than help them and can ultmiately violate the "moderator's promised" (b.
steinberg).

 Best,

 Morry