[freelists-users] Re: over-quoting limit vs spamfile usage

  • From: Felicitas Wilcke <feli@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Paul Dickson <freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 21:57:57 +0200

Hi Paul,

on wednesday, 2. october 2002 at 08:02 MEST you wrote:

> I'm getting messages on my mailing-list with two and (attempting) more
> copies of the mailing-list's footer.  This only because the list
> participants are too lazy to trim the the message they are replying to.

did you try to start the footer with a signature delimiter? (dash, dash,
space <CR><LF>) A lot of mailclients recognize this and cut all text
after the delimiter.

--
regards
Felicitas

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build
bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to
produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
[Rich Cook]