[freelists-users] Re: network and mail issues

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:39:54 -0500

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> John Madden writes:
>  > Bad: This *might* slow down delivery of mail to your list.  It
>  > probably will be in the range of 1-2 minutes slower, if at all.
>
> Well, this is not bad at all: the latency (from posting to receiving)
> for the linuxtrent mailing list is now little more than a couple of
> minutes, which is just fine (IMHO, even 15 or more minutes would be
> fine for a mailing list).

It should get better.  I just watched one post on your list zip right
through.  I tweaked some listar settings, and that should speed things up
too.  The mail queue is practically empty now, so I'm thinking things will
improve.

I'd like to keep the total delivery time for any list to under 5 mins or
so (unless the list is huge, of course), not including bounces and such.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA
# UNIX Systems Engineer, Ivy Tech State College