[freelists-users] Re: listar and no welcome message

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 18:25:54 -0500

> Everything works fine, but the new subscriber receives both the
> subscription notification and the welcome message.
> A too large amount of Emails (considering that users receive our
> software too and that a lot of warning and confirmation messages for
> mailing list subscription are already provided on our site).
>
> So I've checked the admin-silent-subscribe option.
> Furthermore, support@xxxxxxxxx is an admin for my list.
>
> But subscribers still receive subscription notification and welcome
> message.

The problem is that without establishing an admin session (through email,
that is), the sender can't be verified as an ADMIN, so a confirmation
ticket must be sent to the user.  If you don't want that to happen, you'll
have to set your subscribe-mode to 'open-auto,' which will allow "any user
to subscribe any other user."

John

- FreeLists Staff