[freelists-users] archiving / privacy

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:32:30 -0500

It was recently brought to my attention that lots of people might not like
the idea of having their email address displayed on the web in the
web-based archives of the mailing lists they're on.

The archiving software we use, Mhonarc, has a mode that'll obfuscate all
email addresses it comes across, and from now on, that's how it'll be
done.  However, the existing archives will still contain email addresses,
and this might still be a concern for some.

The solution is to remove the archive and allow the archiving process to
take over and recreate it with the obfuscated addresses.  If you'd like
this done for your list, please email me off-list and I'll take care of it.

All future archives will be taken care of automatically.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA
# Sys-Admin / Webmaster, Avenir Web: http://avenir.dhs.org